Rubric: Issues of Injustice Graphite Drawing
100 Points Total
- I have put a lot of thought into carefully choosing an image that I feel passionate about and that represents a current issue of Injustice in the world.
- I have clearly articulated this issue through my pencil drawing. I have used facial expression and detail to illustrated my issue.
- I have thoughtfully arranged my drawing by thinking about the shape of my drawing (using the paper as a shape or drawing a specific shape inside of my paper). I have included a separate area of color somewhere in my drawing. This color section can be directly inspired by Souto’s work or can be different.
- I have shown strong craftsmanship (keep the paper clean, showing concise, well articulated shading).
- My shading is smooth and blended effectively while showing 3 or more values (dark, medium and light) in both the graphite areas and color areas.
Francisco Souto is a Venezuelan born artist.
Poetics of Recognition
“What About Us?”
“Sharing a Piece of Bread”
“Long Food Line”